Thursday, August 23, 2007

suture


I worked from 8 am to 10 pm yesterday, with only one birth. It was slow again. My sunburn hurt so bad i had to take IB profen to sleep. The sun didn't seem that hot at the beach, but it must have been! So I did sleep well until I got a text message at 5:30, "do you want to come suture?" This is the 1st tear the whole time I've been here.
She was a girl 21 yrs old, but the smaller then Monica. In fact 2 of the midwives here are shorter then Monica even. They think that's so funny. I took a picture of them because she was so amazed how tall Monica is. Monica is getting tall, but she is still only about 5 feet.
It was still only a little tear. so it was perfect to practice on. I didn't even shake this time. I just don't do it enough to feel confident. The midwife, that I literally had to look down at (shorter then you Martha) was very patient with teaching me. So opposite from Casa. When I was going to suture there they got frustrated first thing.
The midwives we work with are happy and sweet and love the Lord. We had a bible study last night, boy then can sing. It was a good study too. One of the students husbands taught.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a place where I would be tall! maybe i should move there! Maybe you should buy me some clothes?

    ReplyDelete