Tuesday, December 4, 2007

update on mom

When we arrived this morning mom was surprisingly alert and clear. She asked me first thing "Where is June?"
She was doing really well compared to yesterday.
But soon after we left she began to get very agitated
She said, "I have things to do"; she said had to get out of here, She kept trying to get out of bed.
Her legs flew out and she'd stand! Of course she couldn't stand so she would sit back down. We couldn't leave the side of the bed or she would have fallen. Hospice brought full side bed rails, so she can't do that now. She is talking in her sleep. One time she said she can't get to the lights. ....but then she looked and said "turn off the lights; oh I gave you the hardest one." The lights were bothering her.
So it was a very hard day for Jeannie.
Moriah and I were trying to finish sorting all day and packing up the car. We have sorted everything except all the lose pictures.
I was almost thinking of trying to stay to help, but Jeannie and I were thinking of other solutions. I think if she could hire someone to help her 3-4 hours a day it might just be enough to help her get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment