Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Computer

Well after a few weeks with no computer I realized how much I have come to depend on them.
I got a new Mac book. I was so excited to get it, but I am not a computer type person, unlike the rest of my family. I get really frustrated trying to learn new programs and trying to figure out how everything is supposed to work.
We have had lots of snow here. It's been such a beautiful winter. The temperature has been hanging right around the 30's. We have been enjoying our nice warm home with my new kitchen and living room. Not that either of them are done, but they are so nice compared to what we have had for so many years. Also notice I said "warm". This year we have a pellet furnace. No more getting up and starting fires! Trying to get fire wood, get it chopped, in the basement, and keep the fire going. We actually have a thermostat for the first time in at least 15 years. I feel so spoiled.
I started going to a financial class this last Thur. It's 13 weeks long. They advertise financial freedom in 91 days. I am an extremely frugal person, so many times these type of classes really don't apply a lot to us. But I tend to enjoy stuff like this anyways. I'm one of those weird people that when going through my mom's stuff, the jewelery didn't excite me, but when I saw a neat old ledger book I got quite excited. I actually look forward to doing my taxes every year, as if it's a holiday or something. I am hoping that with this class I can figure out how to get out of debt and stop living pay check to pay check type thing. Problem is that we have a budget and it's set. We don't have "latte factors" A latte factor is when you spend some sort of extra money on something that is not necessary. My Latte factor might be to cut down on meat or cheese, or don't fix up the house. I'm really thankful that we can pay our bills, keep our cars registered, insured and generally fixed with decent tires. I'm very thankful that when we have something break we don't have to just live without it, that usually we can get it fixed now. But I do get tired of stressing every time I want to spend $10 on something, or when we want to go on a little weekend trip being a major deal. I'm hoping if we could get out of debt and stay out of debt it wouldn't be so stressful all the time. I always feel bad that I spend so much money on food too. I usually spend $6-700 a month on food and household items. That includes toilet paper, batteries, soap etc too. But then I was thinking this morning that we easily go through a gallon of milk a day right now. With milk at $3.30 per gallon right now, it means I spend over $100 a month just on milk alone! Well I'm looking forward to the next 91 days, of financial freedom. I think with God's help and blessing we will have freedom!

1 comment:

  1. There are a couple of websites that you should check out.
    http://moneysavingmom.com
    She posts alot of deals, but also is really into getting out of debt and has some really good tips and links to people who eat like all naturally on cheap budgets.
    This is Diana's diet blog.
    http://www.xanga.com/DietDiary90days

    http://www.biblicalwomanhoodonline.com/2008/01/frugal-friday-five-painless-ways-we.html

    ReplyDelete