Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


It was our 32nd anniversary on Wed. I didn’t think we would be able to go somewhere, because I knew my mom with twins would be having those babies anytime. She wasn’t due till May 4th, but she was measuring 54 and so uncomfortable. Well she went into labor on Sunday night. Had beautiful baby girls, and I got home about 3 am. About 9 am I headed to Kalispell. I had an appointment to fix Rick’s car, and I already canceled it once. So I drove down and turned in his car. June picked me up and we met Martha, April and Mishael for lunch. Then we went on a house tour.
Martha moved into her new house, Mishael and Miriam also moved into new rentals. Philip bought a house. So we made the rounds and saw everyone’s houses. It was so much fun. Next time maybe we can have a progressive dinner.

Well Rick’s car didn’t get done, so I had to spend the night on Tue. Wed I had appointments, Thur. we had lessons, appointments and Miriam came up to visit. It was another crazy day.
So Fri I finally had time to think about planning a little trip since “my mom” had her twins.
I looked on line and saw last second deals. I found one going to Seattle for $312, included both our flights and motel too. So hear we are in Seattle. We have no car, but there is a kitchen in the motel room. So we walked to Wal-Mart, it was a good walk.
I thought I would look at the homes for sale in the newspaper. In 1986 we bought a brand new home in Bothell. (East side of Seattle) It was a very nice 3-bedroom home on a pretty piece of land with forest behind the house. We lived in it only a year when Rick’s job transferred to Portland, and we hated living in a neighborhood. This neighborhood was like a family. You had to let all your children play together; you had to have your beauty bark and your front yard exactly perfect. Every weekend you were expected to be out there fixing your yard. Well we just didn’t fit in. We couldn’t get our lawn mower to work half the time, we planted fruit trees and we wanted chickens. Once one of our chickens got out and “scared” our neighbor’s dog. The neighbor was so mad; he threw our chicken in the front door. We were zoned for chickens, but we had to give them away to keep peace with the neighborhood "family". I never wanted to live in a neighborhood again.
We bought this house for $80,000 and sold it a couple yr later for only $118,000. Well it can make a person a bit sick to think of what we should’ve, could’ve, would’ve done. Now these same houses are selling for about $500,000. Wow! Just think! Or maybe we shouldn’t think. It’s too sad. Well it’s best just to use our experiences and go on, not look back at what we could’ve, should’ve………

No comments:

Post a Comment