Saturday, June 14, 2008

Lost and losing items

I have has such a frustrating time with loosing things. I have read before that generally people spend a huge amount of time looking for things. The point in this book was that if we could get organized, we would save lots of time everyday.

Well, I constantly have a few missing items. This week was bad!


I borrowed a DVD from a Dr (the OB in town) called Shoulder Dystocia Drill. It’s an 18 min video , showing exactly what happens in a shoulder Dystocia and how to plan on what to do to prevent harm to the baby. It was an OK presentation. Not really good. I had it in my computer to keep it safe till I could return it. When one day it was gone! I began my search slowly at first. But as time was going on, my tension was rising. It’s like I was searching every waking minute. I begin cleaning out ever area, looking for a disk. I changed the whole living room around hoping it would show up, I searched the car, the birth center, upstairs, down stairs, all computer bags, every drawer. I just can’t imagine where else to look.
This isn’t the first time things like this have happened. It consumes your thoughts, from morning to night.

(Well speaking of things that are lost. The camera to computer plug is missing again! !!!!)
Well you might think this is silly, why not buy another. Well this little disk ended up costing $90! I was blown away. At the same time I also lost a library book. It couldn’t be a cheap library book, no, it was a new one and worth $25! $25 for one book!
So here I was spending $115 on lost items besides consuming my mind for the last week.
Well the good part is my living room got all changed around and I like the lay out much better. The other good part is that the book I like is one that I liked. It was called “Martha rules”. Rules to make a business work, by Martha Stewart.

I figured somehow the Lord knew I need own this DVD. The Ob said that studies show that watching and taking time to plan once a yr brings better outcomes with Shoulder Dystocia. So maybe the Lord knows. All Midwives will have shoulder Dystopia at times. I personally was a Shoulder Dystopia baby. I could have been brain damaged, had erbs palsy or be dead. My Dad over heard the Dr say, should we save the mom or the baby. I weighed 11 lbs 3 oz.

1 comment: