Saturday, June 14, 2008

Trip to Kalispell

I usually make a monthly trip to Kalispell. This way I get to visit everyone, get my shopping done at Walmart, Lowe's and Costco. With gas prices I was wondering if I would be able to still make my trip this month. (Gas is now $3.95 per gallon, doubled from just a couple of months ago, when we thought $1.95 was horrible)

Well Maria needed Jon to help her finish her basement. (taping, mudding, texture etc.) So I brought him down in the morning, dropped my car off at Toyota for some $500 routine work, and then hung out at Martha's with June, April, Moriah, and later Miriam too. We had such a nice time.


Then Cody put on my new hitch so we can pull our new tent trailer. The last of the money from the tax return.


Gareth trying to drive the car already!
Then off to my shopping. While at Costco shopping calmly all alone, suddenly Miriam, Gina, Jon and 3 more friends showed up to "help" me shop. They can be embarrassing at times as they climb into shopping carts, etc.. Then add Martha who planned on meeting me there with the children for pizza and we ended up a huge crew at Costco, eating pizza and hot dogs. I had lots of help to load my car with grocery's and the surprise recliner for Fathers day. I couldn't have done with out their help and it was fun to see them all happy.
Lee and Tony (Miriam in background)

Gina in the shopping cart with Emma
Gina in Dad's new Father's day recliner. She looks so comfy!
Trying to get the recliner in the car. I am so thankful they were there to help me.


Miriam and Heidi sharing a hot dog.

Tony

Mark, Paul and Hans
Gina and EmmaThen I headed over to Maria's to see Gina's new bike Rick had bought her, and pick up James. Maria's house is coming along great.
It was a great day, seeing all my children and grandchildren. Lee's big smile and wanting to be held. Nettie and Kendra always excited with a big hug to see me. Grandchildren begging to come home with me......
Just felt like a very profitable day.
Got home at 11:30 pm., put away frozen stuff, but I still need to unload the car. We bought about 16 gallons of milk, 15 lbs of strawberry's, 20 lbs of hamburger patties, spinach, lettuce, 10 dozen eggs, peppers, peas, #10 cans of fruit, tomato's, and lots more. I try to buy as much as I can at Costco and as little as I can the rest of the month here. It was a little easier in the winter, because if we ran out of fridge space we can put milk on the back porch (the giant fridge) Now we have to fit everything in the 2 refrigerators and one freezer.

1 comment:

  1. My first glorious glimpse of Kalispell was the open road. Britain visa is one of the expensive procedure immigrating to the UK. One September, after a hectic traffic-stalled rush to the Los Angeles airport, I landed at Bozeman and set out for Missoula. I was stunned by the expansive golden landscape, by the intense blue of the sky, and especially by the experience of driving miles.

    ReplyDelete