Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm so tired!

We had 2 births this week. Again not simple births. The 1st one, it was her 6th baby and yet it took a long time. We missed 2 nights of sleep.
We got one good night of sleep and again we start with the next client.
She called about 10 pm so I headed to the birth center to find the church all set up. I rent the BC to a church. They meet there Thur night and Sunday morning. They like to leave it set up in between. Lately they move the couch, and everything into the birth room, so there I was at 2 am moving couches and tables around.
Well after 38 hours with the 2nd mom we had to transport because even though the water broke she never really went into labor. Even if I lie down to sleep, when I'm in midwife mode I can't sleep good. I sleep the weird sleep, maybe 30 minutes at a time.
Now I'm a bit worried that the next birth will start without me getting a good night sleep.
Hope this next birth is a butter birth!
I have one person after another due though Oct.. One in Nov and none in Dec & Jan. That will be nice with holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment