Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I was determined to finish a project

Jon and I are really good about starting projects. We actually get a lot accomplished. But......we have a terrible time finishing projects. Of course Rick won't start a project till we have everything completely ready, enough money, enough time, all the tools, etc. Needless to say in our house that never happens. So he just ends up frustrated with all our unfinished projects!
He was not too happy when I started my upstairs family room project.
I wanted to rip out a wall and make a family room upstairs. It's a room that used to be a bedroom to the apartment. It was divided, and one section was a little sewing room, that was so small that it ended up a junk room that you couldn't even walk in. the other room was just a walk through to Rick's office, (the old apartment). It had exercise machines, junk, and was wasted space.
So one day we ripped down the wall, moved the sewing to the basement, got rid of junk, and then I had a project that needed to be finished.
We had to tape, texture, paint, rip out old carpet. we made a neat hole in the wall for a TV to sit. The idea up here is to have nice carpeted room for children to play when grand kids come over. A pull out couch for an extra bed, and the exercise machines so we can exercise this winter. It will be a great room if we can really fit all that in. It's really not big enough for all that.
Well I was determined to finish it, but we didn't. The room got painted. but we still need to touch up the ceiling. I have to somehow get the carpet home that I bought and somehow get it installed. Can you believe they want $7 a yard to install carpet? I don't think I paid that much for the carpet!
Well my whole house has unfinished projects. Of course the kitchen. But I feel helpless with that. I am dependant on others, and I can't afford to hire someone. I had a trade worked out with one of my clients, and I was so excited, but it didn't pan out after all.
So my on going projects will continue........

No comments:

Post a Comment