Thursday, October 9, 2008

2 more births

I got a call last night from a friend who was going to another midwife. The midwife was out of town though. This person last time had a very traumatic emergency C section. But she thought she might be in labor now and I said "call if you need me" So 3:30 am I get a call. We meet at the birth center at 4 am and 5 am the baby is born. Little tiny girl.
Sweet birth.
About 2:30 in the afternoon, we had sent the family home in great shape and we were cleaning the birth center, when I get a call from Sherry, "the next client is in labor"
So much for my nap!
I get there, a home birth 1 hour from the hospital and the FHT are way too low. Do we transport and risk a birth in the car or do we just try to deliver fast. We prayed, the Lord gave us wisdom and helped that baby. Baby was born at home and everyone was doing great.
I'm home now at 8 pm and hoping to get at least a partial night sleep in case April starts in labor. I'm excited that I don't have anyone else that I'll be worrying about when April starts.
Praise the Lord, he is so good to us! I love being a midwife. How the Lord blessed me with such a wonderful job. Why does he bless me so much? I'm so thankful.

1 comment: