Thursday, January 1, 2009

The week after Christmas

It's been a wonderful week!  The Lord has blessed us abundantly!

Kendra, Hans, and Lynette stayed with us after Christmas.   Mishael and Cody have been staying here a lot too.  All together we have had 11 of us most of the time.  We are having so much fun!

Normally every morning I wake up with this huge list.  I divide the list into 4 categories.  Calls, computer, home, town.  Usually all 4 categories are full!  Usually my calender is full!  Usually I have to make at least 2 trips into town a day, sometimes 4.  Usually I'm running, running, running.  Not this last week!  :)
  We have had a ton of snow, and the children are home from all their school and activities, so for 8 blessed days I haven't even started my car!  I just am enjoying every minute of it.
Since we have been fixing up the house, it's so much easier to have company and to keep the house cleaner.  With the snow outside, it gives that wonderful homey atmospher of a cozy house. 
 
 The only interesting thing going on this week has been our mysterious leaks.  On Christmas morning right through my new ceiling/light fixture in the kitchen we had this strange drip.  After ripping up my beautiful ceiling a bit, we finally found that ice is building up and getting under the splits in our medal roof.  We cleared the roof of snow and ice and the drip stopped.  (my kitchen ceiling will have to be patched :(.   My bathroom ceiling has had this happening for a while, and each yr we try to fix it, and each yr I think we got it, and low and behold it starts again! One of the major problems on this side of the house, (the original house, before additions)  is that the guy that built it didn't put the plywood on the roof rafters.  So our bedroom ceiling is drywall, insulation, tar paper and tin roof!  No plywood!  I'm afraid we are heading for a big roof job!  
Well then yesterday I went out to the garage and the ceiling out there is leaking!  How can it leak, their is an office above it?!   Sure enough, upstairs in the office there is  a big closet and upon investigating I found a very wet closet.  We obviously have another leak.  :(

Well everyone has some sort of problems.  I count my problems pretty minor right now.  We are living in a beautiful warm house, have plenty to eat, have a wonderful family and everyone is pretty healthy!   

Last night at midnight  we were out in the beautiful snow banging pans and yelling happy new year.  Out here in the country I think we were the only ones making noise.  I wished I had my camera as it would have made a great picture.  I truly miss my camera, and as soon as I can scrap some money together I'm going to get a new one. 

We were watching "the Music man" before midnight, eating sugar popcorn and a fruit shake.  I loved that movie when I was young and watching it again brought back a lot of warm, happy feelings.  "76 trombones in the big parade"   I'm so glad Monica likes old musicals, it's been fun watching old movies.
Sugar popcorn is just adding a couple Tbls. of sugar to the popcorn as it's cooking.  It's not carmel corn, but just gives it a nice sweet/salty taste.  

Well that's it for my new yrs up date.

No comments:

Post a Comment