Sunday, June 3, 2012

New Birth Suite

I sold the birth center in town to another midwife.  I sold it with the verbal agreement that I would be able to rent it on a per birth basis.  It sounded like a good plan. :)   But you know how life is.  Things didn't go as planned!  I had many baby's due and no place to conduct business. 
 After lots of praying, research, and figuring I decided to make a birth room out of our upstairs apartment.
This room at one time was a computer business our family ran.  Later it was an turned into an apartment, complete with kitchen and bathroom.  
So in order to update it for the birthing room, I mainly had to update the bathroom.  I put in a nice deep jacuzzi bath tub and tiled the bathroom.  It turned out really homey.  
It's very nice to have my business right next door. I've used it for a few births now and lots of prenatals.  We have classes in the main house living room.  
It actually works better all the way around, except for being 4 miles from town.
New vanity and tile floor:   

 You can see my vitamin shelf.  I sell a lot of calcium and other vitamins, tinctures etc.  It's not so much a money maker, but as a convenience to my clients.




No comments:

Post a Comment