Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Prevent class

So Mishael and I joined a class called "prevent".   The idea is to prevent diabetes. It's a whole year long.  The 1st 16 weeks, you go to class every week, weigh in and turn in these little yellow books.  Each book you see here is every bite I ate for 16 weeks!
The motto you learn the 1st week is: "you bite it, you write it"  So for 16 weeks I wrote down every bite I took.  We wrote down how much fat and calories were in each item also.
It was very interesting.
I didn't loose more then a few pounds even though I always ate less then 1500 calories per day and less then 40 grams of fat.  But it was fun to be exact and figure it all out.
Also we promised we would exercise at least 150 minutes a week.  This was an eye opener.  I thought I exercised at least that.  Well I was surprised how hard it was to get to 150 minutes a week.  Towards the end 170 minutes was typical. 
For a while Mishael really got into the exercise and even did a run to raise money for a cause.


No comments:

Post a Comment