Sunday, June 3, 2012

Servents of today

As I got up today and started a load of laundry, then went down and started a load in the dishwasher, I could have even started the roomba to sweep the floor.
I was thinking of how are different our lives are then yrs ago.
There was a time when servants helped people that could afford it. we sure have have interesting servants! Mine seem to brake or not work very well much of the time. Although my washer hasn't broken for many yrs. lately it's making a loud buzzing noise when it starts to spin. My dishwasher has been fixed so many times I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.
Well I am very, very thankful for my "servants" I love having a my automatic helpers. I dream about having someone come in once a week to help me get on top of housework. But then I always wonder what I would actually have them do, I don't want them to do my children's chores and my children grow up with out leaning how to clean.
Then I was thinking that if once a week or ever 2 weeks they came in and gave the bathroom and the kitchen a good detailed cleaning, while that day the children and I tackled some huge projects instead, maybe it would slowly but surely begin to get me caught up.
In the Philippines almost every household had a "helper" just someone to help mom. She usually had a broom in her hand. She would clean bathrooms, sweep endless tile, do laundry, cook dinner and babysit if you want her to. I would love having a "helper"

No comments:

Post a Comment