Sunday, September 16, 2007

My new Kitchen!!!!

I'm going to begin this post and add to it later. I would like to post pictures of my old kitchen, then the process of building the new kitchen. these pictures are not in order, so there are a few old ones stuck in there. The 2 old ones are from Thanksgiving 2006. This next year, the holidays will be a bit easier with my nice double oven.
We still have many details to finish the kitchen, but I totally ran out of resources to finish at this point. But step by step I'll get it done!In this picture above you can see a little of my new back splash. It looks really nice with my granite tile counter top. By using granite tiles it was actually cheaper then laminate. I would have loved to have a solid surface granite, but that stuff is extremely expensive. I have one little "baking counter" It's 2x3. I thought I would just get a solid surface on this one. It was going to run about $5-600 just for this little piece. I think I'll put up with the tiles!


This is Maria and Kendra in the old kitchen. It's funny that it doesn't look so bad in this picture, but pictures can be deceiving. The upper cupboards were not too bad, but the lower ones were literally falling apart. The whole front of the cabinet would completely fall out. the boards inside were press board and were disintegrating. So there was nothing to hold the front on. The drawers wouldn't even slide in anymore because the boards inside the cupbord disingrating had caused the whole thing to be uneven.
This is Michelle and Fred, peeling potato's for mashed potato's. It's a tradition for Fred to make the potato's on thanksgiving.


Joe, Moriah, Michael, Jon, Regina, were the main kitchen remodel crew. Martha came up a few days to cook us some meals in our upstairs little kitchen. They were amazing in all they got done. Joe even took time off work to help us, besides him and Moriah chipping in by buying supplies and he wouldn't let me pay him back. All sorts of freinds and family came to help at times. What a great family I have.

It took many, many days, paint cans, and swatches on the walls to figure out what colors to paint. We are very happy with our final choices. We really liked the red idea, but were scared of the wrong color red. This one turned out great.
The tan is in the hall, the red in the kitchen.

We had rented a big dumpster during our kitchen remodel. Moriah and Joe were staying down stairs in a make shift guest room. She had taken her wedding ring off one night and put it on the end table. At some point she realized that her ring was gone. We all searched, and searched. Joe offered a reward to go skiing to who ever found it. It was a beautiful diamond ring and we prayed, cleaned, searched, and pretty much gave up, when Jon decided to once more jump in the dumpster and look again. It was full of drywall chunks, and nails, ashes (from burning piles of garbage) He jumps in and with in 30 seconds, yells "I found it" It was a miracle!

So Joe good to his word, took Jon skiing. Jon had a little tumble and broke his nose. It was a bad break. It began to heal wrong too so we had to head back into a doctor for him to re break the nose and set it right. Thus the long story to explain Jon's nose in this picture.








No comments:

Post a Comment