Friday, September 14, 2007

sleep, sleep, sleep

These are my sweet chickens. I'm taking some pictures of them because I will need to get rid of them. They love us so much they will not sleep in their house, but sleep on our deck. So you can imagine what our deck looks like. (I didn't take a picture of the mess below them)



Well I've been home over a week now, and I'm finally starting to feel normal again. For the 1st week home I was so tired, and always slightly nauseated. No appetite. Mishael said, "mom I've never known you to be picky" Well as of yesterday I have my healthy appetite back! Sort of a bumber cause of course I would love to loose weight. I lost a few pounds in the Philippines, so now if I could get my energy back I need to start a good exercise program. I know this is the best for me, as the diets always backfire and I end up weighing more in the end then when I started.
So getting back to a regular routine of life has taken adjustment. I think the hardest thing is to come from a country where people are so poor, and yet the sweetest people. I never heard anyone complain, even the driving when everyone pulls in front of everyone else, no one seemed to get angry. It's a culture shock to come back to our country where we live quite well, yet we complain and get angry at the littlest things. I suppose we are a bit spoiled in this county.
We thought this picture was funny in Davao, because they don't have any street signs, and to have this one is very useless.
Martha and the boys came up the last few days. Here's a picture of Tony. He's growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment