Saturday, October 27, 2007

Living Room

Everyone painting the living room! took so long!




I really wasn't ready to start a new project. I still hadn't finished my Kitchen, and I'm still working on paying for my kitchen! I suppose I was thinking of opportunity for Jon. I really liked the idea from Switzerland of learning trades in your last years of school. So when the drywall lady offered to teach Jon drywall while she was working I thought I better take her up on it.
Jon has been learning well and doing much of the work. He's quite good at it, and I'm really proud of what a good worker he is. When I think of all the teens and college students that end up with minimum wage jobs, compared to even a basic skill like drywall. I think most drywall people make $15 per hour.
So the problem is that all these projects take time and money! Always more then you think too.
We thought we would be ready to paint this weekend. No way! The ceiling is textured though. Now she can't make it back on Mon, so we wait till Tue. Well to be realistic it will be another week before we can move back into our living room.
I'm actually quite excited about having a clutter free house. With all the clutter in the garage and our sorting boxes lined up, I'm quite excited to get at least the main floor clean, organized, labeled and pretty.
We must decide on a color to paint the living room.
Many different opinions in a large family.
But I think we better stick to the neutral colors. Tan's and such. I might try a darker tan on 2 of the walls.
Well it's going to be beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I can't wait to see the finished product (I'm sure you can't wait either). =) Next time Oscar and Titus go hunting towards Libby they said they would take Jon. I'll try to let you know ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you already paint some? Tan will be a very nice color for you! Are you painting all the walls?

    ReplyDelete