Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Well yesterday we decided to try to get a family picture. It is quite a feat to get all the grown children home for a picture. Trying to get everyone's work schedule organized. So I found a time that would work, and got a friend to take professional pictures. All 11 children with Rick and I included! We still haven't seen the pictures yet. We can't wait to see if they turned out.
It was amazing to have all 11 children with us. It's amazing to think we actually had all these children. They are all grown up and beautiful people. The Lord has truly blessed us.
We had 10 children at home for thanksgiving, plus grandchildren and son in laws etc. about 24 people. Only Miriam couldn't make it home.
I forgot to take the turkey's out of the freezer early enough. so I got up at 4:30 and put 2 mostly frozen turkey's in the oven. I have never tried to cook frozen turkey before. I must have been very distracted this week. But come 3 pm they were both very done, and very juicy. Dinner turned out wonderful after all. Martha came early on Tuesday and has been here cooking and helping. Everyone brought food, and it was so nice and easy.
Well the hard part of the day was a phone call that my mom is not doing well at all. They are not sure she is going to live. So we have all been doing a lot of crying and praying today. Plus some planning on a possible trip down to Colorado. We are waiting to hear tomorrow how she is doing before we make our final plans. It's hard to think of leaving home right now. I have no births coming up for a while, so the Lord knew why business was supposed to be slow. But figuring the children and homeschooling can be the tough part. We will figure it all out. I just wish I could be there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment