Sunday, November 18, 2007

We thought the skunks would be gone!

Last night I asked Mark to put something in the freezer. He walks in the garage and with the doors all closed there was a skunk in there! That's scary! How did it get in?
The septic tank seems to be backing up a bit. I suppose it's time to get it pumped. It's done so well for so many years it's defiantly time now.
My mom has been in the hospital. She is really sick, but shouldn't have trouble recovering. It's the Kidney's not working right. They did one 4 hour hemo dialysis and she is having a horrible time. She is in pain, and confused. Insisted on going home. My poor mom. It's awful to have her suffering.
Rick had his business meeting in Kalispell today. So we all got up at 6:30 am and left for Kalispell. We had to drop him off at 9 am. We planned on going to church with Martha. It didn't start till 10:30. so we went to Super one and bought a Turkey for only .27 per pound. I also bought some meat and cheese at the deli and some rolls. Plus 2 big containers of yogurt. They ate everything, except the frozen turkey! It ended up costing $13 just for breakfast. Sometimes children can really eat. Don't you wonder sometimes if fast food is cheaper? It's not as healthy though, so I'm glad I usually go the grocery store route.
After church we all went to Moriah's house and had a great dinner. I had brought 2 roasted chickens that I had cooked the night before. I made the gravy at Moriah's. Martha brought a coleslaw and homemade whole wheat rolls. Moriah baked potato's. We had a feast.
Plus she loaned us more " I dream of Jeannie". We like that show.
The week will be quite busy. It's Mishael's birthday Monday. Martha and the boys are coming up Tue. Wed I have appointments, then I've managed to schedule all 11 children for a family picture. This is amazing. It gets harder to get us all together as life gets busier for everyone. Miriam has to make a special trip. The rest are staying around anyways for Thur. So we are planning on a birthday party for Mishael on Wed evening. We plan on baking pies and such on Tue or Wed. too. Thursday 10 of the children will be here along with their family's, making about 24 of us. Then Friday we are planning a trip to June's house to eat leftovers and pie while we spend the day visiting and singing around the player piano. When both are family's are together it can easily be 35 people. Only problem is gas is so expensive, it's hard to make another trip to Kalispell. Gas is $3.13 a gallon today. It costs $58 to fill my tank!

No comments:

Post a Comment