Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Green drinks!

Mark and James enjoying their spinach!

I've been making these great drinks lately.
This one was made with a frozen nectarine, ice, orange juice concentrate, a scoop of powder called brain link, and a big handful of spinach.
It tastes really good. I've made them with strawberries, but then the color is brown. Jon and Monica can't seem to get past the color. But you don't taste the spinach. It's amazing. One time I tried leaf lettuce, and it wasn't bad but you could taste it some. The spinach only has color, no taste.
I've gotten really into this lately. Buying a big bag of spinach and broccoli at Costco every month, and the goal is to use it before it goes bad.
This month with my drinks it's going fast. I also love spinach salad with cheese, sunflower seeds and some bad for you dressing like thousand island or ranch.
One reason I am seeing how important this green stuff is, is because I'm beginning to notice a great difference in the health of placentas, the strength of Amniotic fluid bags and much less bleeding for my clients that eat and drink greens. It's like I'm seeing what happens on the inside when we eat healthy.
So try my green drinks if you have a powerful blender. I have a vita mix. I love it. We make all sorts of healthy desserts with it, ice cream type things.

2 comments:

  1. Those drinks sound really good! The frozen fruit usually turns out to be expensive, but I froze some peaches this summer, so maybe I'll have to go buy some spinach our next shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that is really good and it is so good for your brain! I have frozen fruit I froze this last year, peaches and cherries and strawberries and it has been too cold to think of trying to eat a smoothie....plus no Vita mix! Maybe you can find one for me at a garage sale like you did for dad?

    I am so glad you chose that picture to put up on top! It is my favorite one, I do not the like the one with me on the other side, I am all cocked funny.

    ReplyDelete