Thursday, September 25, 2008

birthday continued

I just was thinking that I missed some things from my last post.
I feel sooooo blessed, I'm just overflowing! Maybe it's the economy crashing, the excitement for getting some things on the house, seeing how God can turn bad things like the fire, into good.
Sometimes I get so frustrated with keeping a house clean, money problems, teenagers giving us a hard time or watching them ruin their lives with dumb choices. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with life in America. We have so much, so many choices that it makes life complicated. We run around doing so many things thinking we are doing them for our family and in the end we seem to neglect our family.
So needless to say I often get overwhelmed and wonder if having so many children was a good idea.
But then there are times like my birthday. I enjoyed my day with my children so much. Our family is really close and we all really love each other alot. If there are arguments between family members it's because someone is really worried about someone else and they feel they need to control them. But it all stems from love.
I am so blessed! I live in my dream house (never finished, not fancy, but practical). A place that we are close to town, but out in the country. A place where children can be safe on our 5 acres. My very best friends are my daughters. I love being a grandma. I love being a midwife. My sister lives up close now, and I love having family close. Every month I go to Kalispell to visit and June, April, Martha, Moriah and sometimes others get together for lunch and try to catch up on our lives. It's a special time.
Here I am 47 yrs old and am overflowing with a wonderful life. God has been so good to me. I am thankful for everyone of my children, my grandchildren, my sister, my niece. Rick has a job, we have plenty of food, we don't even have to wear socks with holes in them anymore. We can pay all our bills, not always easy and it's stressful, but generally life is pretty good. The Lord is working in our lives. What more can I ask. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment