Wednesday, October 1, 2008

busy, busy, busy

I think I've had other posts named "busy" I am again too busy. I have this habit in life of getting too busy, having to finish what I'm doing before I can slow down again. But this time I'm actually starting a new project at the same time! Yikes!

Well with the fire and some insurance money, it has created a lot of fun busyness. I am going to get to fix up quite a few things. It looks like I'm going to be able to get new carpet in most of the house! I'm so excited! Plus most of the house is going to be repainted and cleaned! It's actually really nice.

I'm still very busy with babies. We had another birth Monday morning. It was my mom that was "overdue" It looks like her dates were a whole month off! That baby didn't look over due at all. No dry skin, nice a hairy body etc. Just right. I'm so thankful that the Lord has provided me such good back up doctors that didn't push her into being induced. The birth went great, nice big healthy boy. He was born a bit blue and floppy, and I was amazed at how calm and together we were. We just went through a few quick steps and baby was crying loudly. I really like that the nervous part is diminishing in my midwifery practice. My hands don't sweat as much. I used to have a terrible time getting gloves on because of sweaty hands! Now I might seem a bit robotic, but to me it's more of a peace and calmness. I'm so thankful for that. In this case we were all so calm, I doubt the parents even realized anything was out of the normal.
Now we have 2 more due! I beginning to come to realize the number of births that are good for our family. Sept we had 4 births. That is a lot for us. I remember the midwives in Kalispell turning people away. They wouldn't take more then 4 births in a month. Now I can see why, 2-3 is plenty for us. It keeps us away from our families too much. Well it may even out later. We have 3 in Oct, 2 in Nov and none in Dec.
Right now my life is consumed with births, getting children here and there, trying to get this house free from soot, getting ready for winter, and normal life of cooking, cleaning etc.
My new project will start on the 14th of Oct. I bought another house to fix up and rent and it closes on the 14th. It's a great deal and this time Joe and Moriah are doing it with me! I'm so excited about that. Joe is really good at getting things done and motivating children to work.
The house is really 2 houses on 2 acres. The back acre is empty, plus there is another strip of land next to the house that is empty too. the main house right now is a 2 bedroom house. Nice wood floors, in decent shape, just needs lots of clean up. It will be easy to make a family room into another bedroom too. The other house is a tiny one bedroom cottage. It's really cute. But it will need new floors and some plumbing done. Renting out the 2 houses should more then cover our payment. then we have all that land with opportunity's just waiting. We could put on more rental cabins, or a set of storage rooms. It's right on the hwy so we could build a business office, or maybe we should try our drive through dairy up here! The place was being foreclosed on, so it was quite a deal. So I added to my busy life and Joe to his.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Hopefully I have my baby before the 14th so that you and my mom aren't talking about paint colors while I'm in labor (like last time). =) Really though, it sounds like such a neat opportunity. Hopefully you are able to get renters in fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very exciting for you to be able to do this! So much fun!
    I hope the next two babies go well and no exciting things...

    ReplyDelete