Thursday, October 2, 2008

Today went a bit better

It was so nice to actually have time to cook a decent dinner, iron a pile of clothes, wash the soot covered teddy bears.
I made some stew for dinner and homemade bread that turned out really good. Monica formed them into loaves and Cinnamon rolls. She kept saying "I've never done this before" Something the older children grew up with was cooking and baking everything from scratch. These younger ones are missing too many of those types of things.



They came out really nice, clean and fluffy, ready to cuddle again.I'm so thankful I found someone to help me clean. She has been washing soot from every wall and every toy, picture etc. She was here yesterday for a few hours. She washed the whole living room down. We will have to repaint the ceiling, but the walls washed up real nice.

1 comment:

  1. I think this was a blessing in disguise and God just stopped it from going further....

    ReplyDelete