Sunday, October 5, 2008

my house to do list

So here is my list for getting the house fixed.
This is basically the list for the person I'm hiring. Hopefully we can help or do somethings ourselves. Especially the painting. It's a lot of painting! Rick is working on wiring too.
This doesn't include putting in the flooring. I am planning to hire someone to do that too. It's $5 a yard to install carpet. I used to think that was expensive, until I started pricing other installers. Then in the Dakota house I paid someone by the hour. I think I ended up paying more. So now I'm happy to pay $5 a yard.
I'm not sure if we can afford to put in the front porch. Possibly put a little one up to hold us over.
So I have one person that has been cleaning soot for me. She is very good. Jim who will do my drywall and handyman list, his wife is going to help me with painting and then the carpet installer.
Hopefully I can make the insurance money stretch. It's so exciting and this fire was a blessing in disguise! :)

Down stairs;
Replace Living room Window
Fix Roof
Dishwasher falling forward (it's not really attached)
Replace burnt wall
Fix dry wall in bathroom
Texture bathroom walls
Trim on bathroom floors
Replace front door
Trim kitchen around doors
Trim all around house, hall
Front porch?

Upstairs
Trim upstairs family room and guest room
Take off popcorn ceilings in:
hall, kids room and master bedroom and master bathroom
Tape and Fix drywall in ceilings,
finish taping boys bedroom
Trim boys bedroom door
Fix leak and ceiling in upstairs bathroom

Paint
Family Room ceiling
Wainscoting in kitchen and hall
Living room ceiling
Fix and touch up living room walls
Kitchen ceiling
touch up kitchen walls
Top of basement stairs
Basement stairwell
Stairwell and upstairs hall
Book case (white)
Upstairs bathroom
Upstairs master bedroom
Master bedroom ceiling
Boys bedroom
Boys bedroom ceiling
Downstairs bathroom
Touch up everywhere

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete