Friday, October 3, 2008

Mark's birthday








I can't believe he's already 11. I can't stand the thought of him growing up so much.
another couple of yrs and we move into a whole different life.
We had a pretty relaxing day.
School on Friday's is always only till 12 noon. I'm so glad, because it's the one day we can do something, like catch up on chores, bake with the children, look at their school papers etc.
So today we made lasagna together, made cookies, a recipe I created, taught James how to wash the toilet. It was nice to just be a mom.
The cookie recipe I created is quite good, but they get hard. I like soft cookies, so I'll need to perfect it somehow. I wanted to work on it though, because I don't like to use butter in cookies, it's expensive and I think oil is better for you (but who knows the truth about that)
Here it is:
2 cups oil
2-3 cups of peanut butter
4 cups of sugar
A glug of molasses
A glug of lecithin
6 cups of whole wheat flour
8 cups of oatmeal
4 tsp baking powder
4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt

I'm going to try cutting down on the oil, maybe replace with some applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment