Friday, December 19, 2008

Children's Christmas program

The children had their Christmas program at their school.  It was a really cute play and I was so proud of them.
James was an Inn Keeper, Mark was a main character, a newspaper reporter and Monica was a king.  Monica sang/said a rap, and Mark sang a solo. 
 If I was up in front of all those people, I would have froze and gone off key or forgot my lines.  But not one of them did that.  They spoke clearly and seemed to enjoy acting.
The most amazing thing to me though was Mark's voice.  He sang  a solo. It was serious song, and his voice was really, really good.   Everyone mentioned to me afterwards how amazing his voice is.  I remember him being so little and just barely talking and he could sing entire songs on key.  He defiantly has a talent.  I just pray he will use his talent for good. 
Today Monica, Mark and James have a piano recital.  It's snowing and cold outside and I do wish I could stay home in our nice cozy house.  We have a beautiful Christmas tree this year that Jon and the boys got from our forest and our house is really feeling like  the homey picture in my imagination. Warm house, spotlessly clean, drinking hot chocolate and baking cookies with the children. Well it's sometimes sort of like that.   Well it's never spotlessly clean, but we try.   
We are planning on going to Kalispell on Tuesday to make our ravioli's for Christmas.  Part of our tradition of eating ravioli's on Christmas has become to make them together.  Now with my sister living close this has been fun to work together on this.  So we will make a day of it. 
Hopefully I can get some pictures.  But this time I actually lost my camera ( not just the cord).  I'm really grieving over it.  I lost it on the trip.  The last I remember taking pictures was a Gina's work. So she is going to look around and see if she can't find it.  I don't know what I will do if she can't find it.  I really love my camera, although I think it was starting to act up.  It's already a few yrs old and was just a basic one to begin with.  

1 comment:

  1. He does have an incredible voice! I hope he goes places with it and uses it for good!

    ReplyDelete