Sunday, September 23, 2007

My birthday

My mom with one of our kittens. I was surprised she made the long drive up from Kalispell.
Mishael and Gareth. They spend a lot of time at our house. We really enjoy it. It's so nice when children grow up and you have all these wonderful close friends.
Well I started out my birthday a bit depressed. I suppose coming from 3 weeks of an incredible experience of being in another country where people are basically non confrontational, and where I basically had a very low stress visit there, to my home, where it can be loud, very stressful, and sometimes confrontational. Teenagers seem to love confrontation in our family. You would think they all want to be lawyers, as if you say the sky is blue, they have to point out some brown specks.
So coming home and trying to get back into the swing of teaching school, paying bills, stretching budgets, clothes needing mending, clutter everywhere, and winter coming on and getting 2 houses ready, has been a bit overwhelming to say the least.
Moriah decided to come up and some others were planning on coming the next day, so that cheered me up.
I ended up having a nice relaxing day. Then Sat. I had a nice surprise of June, April, my mom, Martha and Miriam all joined us too.
Mishael made Lasagna, Moriah the sauce, Martha made my favorite chocolate chip chiffon cake.
We had a great day of visiting, and chasing all the baby boys! Gareth and Dayton are crawling up stairs now. Eric, Gareth and Dayton are quite a team.
I took out all my beautiful Pearl necklaces that I bought in the Philippines. I gave one to my mom, and I tried to figure out every ones favorites for their birthdays.
So I'm 46 now, and overall God has blessed my life. I really couldn't ask for more. I have the most wonderful family and just about everything I've ever dreamed of. Thank you Lord!

1 comment: