Friday, February 15, 2008

My busy week

I knew this week would be busy. Tue is our "town day". The children have piano lessons, so I try to do all my errands, spend time with them at the library, and all the regular errands: post office, pellets, bank, etc. I try to stay out of the stores which seems to save a lot of money. I do my monthly shopping in Kalispell at Costco, and try to go to other stores as little as possible, watching sale ads for meat. I hit the Amish store once in a while, and order for Azure about every 3 months. It still totals about $700 a month, but really we eat pretty good, I think. We have plenty of cheese, milk, and usually enough meat.
Jon and Monica are going to hunters safety next week, so next year maybe we can save a bunch on meat.
Well back to my week:
so Tuesday was a very busy day. I ended up with an appointment at the birth center, for a new mom. She was 12 weeks, but I couldn't get a heart beat. Well that does happen once in a while, but usually by 12 weeks you can find the little one. So I told her not to worry and plan on coming back next week when we will listen again.
Then I went over to MT sky net, where Michael helped me put the web site up. Monica and I have been working on getting a web site made. If you want to look it's familymidwives.com.
So we got this up, and I went next door to the real estate agent and made an offer on a house. I've been looking at this house. thinking about it, looking at other houses, thinking of duplexes, fourplexes, and coming back to this same house. It's a great house. Very clean, lots of new stuff. It had a major fire about a yr ago, so they replaced a bunch of plumbing, all the electric, a new roof, new floors, and it even has a new foundation. the list goes on for all they have done to it. So I offered really low at $71,000. I didn't expect him to take it, but he did! So in my regular busy day, I also bought a house! Wow, could that really be.
Well Wednesday I had my regular day of prenatals. It was another busy day with one mom emotionally struggling, and going to an ultra sound with my mom with twins. It was great to see the 2 separate bags. One baby is head down, and one breech. I'm really praying for baby A to turn around, or the doctor is going to want to do a C section.
I was home most of Thurs thankfully. When I called the bank about the home loan I was informed that interest that had been down to 5.5 just went up to 7.5! oh dear. If it stays that high I will have trouble renting the house for enough to cover the payments, which is a must. I think in a few years I'll be able to make a lot of money on this house, but it has to pay for it self in the mean time. So I hope it will go down. I was starting to think maybe I should chicken out, but as I think about it, I think I should take the plunge. Interest will probably go down, maybe I can get more rent or refinance it quickly as soon as interest goes down. I could put more down too, and then I wouldn't pay mortgage insurance. That can save $48 per month. I got to do the math on that one!

So Friday. Sherry has 4 clients in Bonners Ferry. So I thought I better make a trip there for prenatals. Before I left the mom I had seen Tue called and said she was spotting. I offered her a ultrasound and told her to call me later. So we left early, all the children too, and spent the day in Bonners doing prenatals. It was a busy day, and in the midst of prenatals the one mom called and said she got the ultra sound and there is no baby, it was a blighted ovum. This is one of those times in Midwifery that it would be nice to know how to be a counselor too. I just wish I knew how to help people more. I suppose God knows how to use us, and we can be his tools. Sherry has all sorts of things going on. It's so sad and it's so hard to know what to say.
So I got home about 7 and we made a quick hamburger dinner, fixed the heater and sat down to relax from the busy week.
And guess what! It's snowing again.......
Whew it's the weekend, and time to take it easy......

No comments:

Post a Comment