Sunday, February 24, 2008

Not too much going on

Jon and Monica are in hunters safety. I'm glad they are getting it over with now. Last year Jon missed it and it was sad he couldn't hunt. The meat would have been nice, but also the experience for him too.

I've placed an offer on a little investment house in town. It's a cute little house. 2 bedrooms 1 bath, laundry. It's in great shape with new wiring, new floors, new roof. Many upgrades. The problem is.......in the middle of the house is a huge bump. The foundation was just fixed up and redone by the EPA. But the foundation is lower then the beam in the middle of the house. So the whole house is drastically bumped up in the middle. I was told by one contractor that it would be a simple fix. But another contractor explained it differently. thought it would be quite complicated and would break drywall and such. Well I offered $71,000. I think if it's fixed and the market goes back up a bit, it could easily be sold for $100,000 this summer. But now I don't know if it's going to cost me $1000 to fix or $10,000.


I'm getting a bit more involved in Mishael and Cody's house flip. they moved to Kalispell and now I got quite a bit of money tied up in it.


I would like to buy a four plex, but that takes lots of money down. There are two for sale in Kalispell area for $300,000. The great thing about it is that it will actually bring in a monthly income in. The rents are about $800 above the payments. That would be really neat.

Lots of decisions.

So my day yesterday:

Jon had to be at the shooting range by 8 am. So we left the house at 7:30 am, I ran back home for a few minutes and to get Monica who had to be back there at 10, went to the Amish store, and back home. Left to get Monica and head to Kalispell. Mishael and I spent about 3-4 hours at Lowe's picking out cabinets, carpet, doors, light fixtures, etc. then we headed over to a party at the Gym. Martha and Moriah had a birthday party for Paul, Hans and Eric. Mishael and I missed most of it, but the children were there. We had a quick visit because everyone had to go home, and we went back to Lowe's to finish up paying. I took Paul and Hans home with me, and left Jon with Cody and Mishael. Got home about 11 pm. Long day. I was so tired. I just rushed all day. Even visiting at the party was rushed. I haven't seen every one for so long, it seemed I had so much to say and not enough time.

So today is a relaxing day, I think I'll go make some pizza and just keep doing nothing.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is busy lately here too! I think though some of why it has been busy is I have had some really great times with other people.
    it is so nice to be able to get relationships with other people!
    I hope that is slower now! Is hunters safety almost over?

    ReplyDelete