Monday, August 4, 2008

What a weekend!

I'm having trouble with my title. I could name this "wow, finally a good night sleep" or "family camp 2008" or "God saved our lives", or "what a week!".
The whole week was a busy one. Monday I had a list so long that it was humanly impossible to finish it. Tuesday I had prenatals and in the evening Shonda Parker was coming.
Shonda Parker is an herbalist. She also knows midwifery, home schools, has 7 children. We put together a conference for her to speak at. So we had about 7 women staying at the birth center that night, plus Martha and Sherry here at the house. There were about 26 women at the conference, it was great!
Then Wednesday was an all day conference. It was so good. Shonda is so balanced with medical vs. natural. She gives doses, and says this herb only works on an empty stomach because this one needs acid, now this herb needs alkaline........Shonda is very smart, she not only knows how to say words I've never heard of, but she can spell them too! I again learned so much.
For herbs to work you have to learn how to take each one. For instance echinacia, has to be taken every 2 hours for it to work. Htp must be taken 30 min before meals. Chastberry only works after taking it for 2-3 months.
I really enjoy learning this stuff! :)
So the conference ended Wed night and Thur we were leaving for family camp.
We worked all day to get ready and the children and I left with the camp trailer in tow. Rick was hitching a ride after work on Friday. The camp was in Plains a good 2 hour drive.
Gina and John Hale

Martha, Paul, Hans and Eric

Lots of good food

James and Hans

Mark and Eric

Monica reading a book to Eric in our little camp trailer

Monica and Eric

Mark and Eric doing a free rent a toy .


Becca and Mark


Our camp


We ended up setting up the trailer in the dark, a few screws were missing here and there, and when your tired you just wish you had gotten a regular trailer instead.

Camp was great though. There were meetings in the morning and evening. Lots of stuff for the children. Swimming in the river, talking all day and through midnight in the mess hall. The food was good, but too many desserts that I ate!
Sat afternoon I lazed around in my bed all day, reading a book, watching kids play flag football, just doing nothing. I haven't done that since I was sick!
Sunday we took off for home, and stopped in Thompson falls. We started to hear a squeaking noise. We couldn't find anything wrong, but we thought we would have to leave it there. Well we added air to the tires and the squeak stopped. So we drove home without a problem. We decided to leave it at Les Schwab here in Libby and as we looked at the tire, it turned out the bearing must be gone. It looked like nothing was holding on the wheel! Thank God for miracles! We could have been in a horrible accident! Praise the Lord for his saving mercies.
Well I slept so well last night. At camp I did not sleep well! The tent trailer has decent beds, but your either cold or hot, babies cry, people have to go somewhere to use the bathroom, giggling children, etc. etc.
What an busy but good week!

1 comment: