Saturday, October 25, 2008

What a day!


Well I started my day hearing Eric coughing and crying a bit. It was actually the middle of the night. Later I hear Gareth down stairs crying too. Eric and Gareth are staying with us this weekend. Joe and Moriah, Cody and Mishael went to marriage encounter. I'm so excited for them and they must be having a good time, because they haven't even called once to see how the children are doing.


So even though I planned on leaving the house by 9 am, I did not want to get out of bed at 9. It was really nice to lay around and not have to get up.
We finally got up and I changed a diaper, which amazingly I haven't done in a long, long time. I suppose I was burned out, so when the grandchildren needed one changed I seemed to be able to let someone else. Well not this time! :)

I had ordered some Hutterite chickens. Hutterite chickens are like homegrown chickens. Really big and plump, juicy. They had carrots and eggs too. I bought 10 dozen eggs. I go through about 8-10 dozen a month usually.

So the baby delivery that I was trading the new front deck for was being built today, and Jim was coming by to finish the trim in the boys room. The Deck isn't quite done yet, but it is really nice. A great sturdy deck that should last through many a snow storms.



Yesterday while the boys were playing in the back yard they found a dead deer, all torn up like something was eating it. Jon thought it looked like a mountain lion. Jim while here took a look and said it's just like the lions to go for the liver first. He took the dead carcass away for us, as he said otherwise that Lion could hang out around the house, but with the carcass gone he will go hunting else where. I wondered when we had so many deer this yr, why all of a sudden we haven't seen any.

So I didn't really know what to make for supper. I decided to make some bread. Took the cookies out of the freezer, and ended up making some broccoli soup. Monica made the dough into loaves for me and they were beautiful.


I was glad I had a snack to feed all the hard workers. Elvie said Mark was an excellent carpenter.

Caught a picture of Rick. When I snapped the picture he was drinking out of that carton of orange juice. I tried to catch him in the act.
Jon in the midst of this busy day somehow got something in his eye. We couldn't find anything in there, but maybe he scratched it. Over the next 2-3 hours it got worse and worse. We tried different drops we had, having him close his eyes, etc. rick finally took him in to the prompt care and they numbed it up and looked around, and couldn't find anything. He is still in so much pain. Even though he now is numbed up and drugged up.

Not a very nice picture, but you get the idea. His eye was swollen the next day, but by the afternoon he was much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment